Skip to main content

How I got where I got!

So I haven't quite come up with a blog schedule or anything yet.  I figured I would get all the introduction type things out of them way first and go from there. Who knows. My life schedule may only allow me to be totally random. I guess we will just see how it goes! 

Anyway last time I mentioned talking about iifym. So now I'm gonna get into my experiences with it !

Let me just start by saying, I am in no way qualified to direct anyone in nutrition. So I'm giving my experiences through what I have learned. It has been a process and taken a long time. I am also always open to suggestions and a good dialogue. I just have a passion for food and fitness and want to talk about it! I can't help it. I'm sure you understand 😋

So let's begin! I started "eating better" when I had just graduated college. I was 21 years old. I had put on A LOT of college weight. My idea of better at the time was just things I saw promoted as healthy really. Tried to have more salads and fruits. But I did a lot of carb cutting type things and in my experiences, that's never good. It worked a bit because I was just consuming less regularly, but really I had no idea what I was doing. 

I then discovered "clean eating". Which worked for me for a while. I started lifting at the gym and it wasn't long before I started dropping weight. But as time went on I got super restrictive on what I would allow myself to eat. It would make me and my family nuts. And the end result would be an all out binge fest. This became a routine. Eat healthy for 13 days and on the 14th, lose my shit and eat EVERYTHING. This is not healthy my friends. Not healthy for your body or your mind. 

 Eventually this just let to me not working out or caring about what I ate anymore. I went on a year and a half hiatus of fitness and nutrition. Now as you can imagine I gained all my weight back. I got upset and would periodically attempt to get back into a routine... Except it would only last a few days before I would just eat and eat and eat. I felt terrible but I couldn't pull myself from the funk.  

Then come February a girl I had met years ago contacted me who I contribute some of my success lately to. Now she got me involved in shakeology. I no longer use it but it and her are the way I got myself together again and that I do appreciate. I needed some motivation and someone to talk to about it who understand. And she was just that. So while I did shakeology I was eating basically clean again, but researching this thing called iifym which I had hopes of trying out. 

Which leads me to now! I'm a foodie. Always have been. Always will be. I genuinely live for food which isn't great. But it's who I am! I knew ultimately I couldn't keep up with a clean diet forever. Though I do think the people who eat entirely unprocessed and totally healthy food all the time are amazing because that takes will power I just do not have. So I slowly started tracking my macros. I wasn't great at it at first but eventually you get the hang out it. You start to get creative and it's exciting so see what you can eat. I am always satisfied because I have no real restorations. Bingeing? That's a thing of the past,which is the greatest part about it. 

It's also helped my mindset on "cheats". Cheats are really not as necessary anymore because on a normal day I can make eating a donut work for me. But of course there are days where I go over my allotted macros. Sometimes a little and sometimes a lot. But I have learned to relax and not beat myself up over it.  This isn't about losing weight fast. It's about getting where I want in a healthy, maintainable way and I think this is the way for me! 

Within the next few weeks I'm planning on reverse dieting for the impending winter months. Which I'm sure I will get in to eventually. I'm still learning about that so we will see! 

Anyway I will post a pic from when I started in February and one of now because that's really when I started over again. I'm still not where I want to be, but I have the plans and the determination to make it happen! 


I hope this picture doesn't show up as giant as I think it's going to haha. But here we go. This is a 7 month difference! 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Condo Closet Paradise

Recently we were woken up by what seemed like life just throwing annoying house issues at us. The closet "system", which was really just a long pole stuck into the two ends of the room came crashing down one morning!  I had been saying this was going to happen for days, but it finally happened.  All of our clothes, boxes, and random junk we kept in the closet now sprawled all over the floor. WHAT A WAY TO WAKE UP...am I right?!  See, with me recently moving in with Scott (my boyfriend of 4 years 😋), came a lot more stuff that the closet wasn't equipped to handle apparently! I was "slowly" moving bags of clothes and hanging them up without Scott knowing. (I did it when he wasn't home... shhh....).  But because the closet was being used by a man who has far less clothes, and really only likes maybe 4 t-shirts it became very noticeable it was an issue. But we just continued living hoping for the best.   Now to be completely honest, this closet need

Operation Brunch- Theme: FALL!

Good Morning! Fall is in the air, and I couldn't be more thrilled! I know that many people would agree that fall is one of the best times during the year.  The crisp air, and the changing colors just really make me happiest. This year is the first year I have a place of my own to decorate, so I am extra excited.  I had pumpkins in our house the first day it was even a little bit chilly! So since I now have a house to host things in, its becoming my favorite season, AND I've been able to decorate for fall, I felt it was appropriate to host a fall themed brunch with my 3 oldest and closest friends! With us all living in different directions and having separate lives it's been a WHILE since the four of us got together.  I'm so happy they all made it out here this weekend.  It was a lovely day of laughing, drinking mimosas and casually annoying Scott while he tried to watch football.  I'm also glad that I now have the opportunity to host casual events with my fr