Skip to main content

Since its pumpkin season an all!

So since it's now fall and of course the season of pumpkin, I'm goin to share a little pumpkin recipe! I have been making pumpkin waffles and pancakes quite a bit. And I love to add sugar free pumpkin syrup (from target) to my coffee. BUT my job situation recently changed a bit leaving me poorer, but with more free time. So now some baking is to follow... Because who actually wants to use extra free time to study right?! I made some Pumpkin Cookie Butter Chocolate Chips Squares :D



To start, as soon as I caught sight of Trader Joes pumpkin cookie butter I had to have it. If there is anything that I have more of a problem with than peanut butter, it's that damn cookie butter. I can't keep it in the house. Only every time I go to trader joes I feel obligated to buy it. Bad planning. Can't help what you love right? Just how do I make an entire jar fit my macros regularly!!!




Thankfully the recipe used most of this beauty up. (Though there may have been some spoonfuls that went straight to my mouth along the way.) I also like to share my treats so I didn't consume all the cookie butter unfortunately.


Isn't it beautiful?!

Anywayyyyyy, here is the recipe. 

1.5 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Mix
1 Egg
1 Cup of the lovely Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter
And as many Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips as you please!

1. Mix it all together
2. Add chocolate chips in last
3. Press the dough into a 8x8 greased pan
4. Bake about 12 minuets at 350F
Just watch them, 12 minutes is more of an estimate.  I have a tendency to leave the oven without a timer >.<
Then good luck not eating them all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Condo Closet Paradise

Recently we were woken up by what seemed like life just throwing annoying house issues at us. The closet "system", which was really just a long pole stuck into the two ends of the room came crashing down one morning!  I had been saying this was going to happen for days, but it finally happened.  All of our clothes, boxes, and random junk we kept in the closet now sprawled all over the floor. WHAT A WAY TO WAKE UP...am I right?!  See, with me recently moving in with Scott (my boyfriend of 4 years 😋), came a lot more stuff that the closet wasn't equipped to handle apparently! I was "slowly" moving bags of clothes and hanging them up without Scott knowing. (I did it when he wasn't home... shhh....).  But because the closet was being used by a man who has far less clothes, and really only likes maybe 4 t-shirts it became very noticeable it was an issue. But we just continued living hoping for the best.   Now to be completely honest, this closet need

How I got where I got!

So I haven't quite come up with a blog schedule or anything yet.  I figured I would get all the introduction type things out of them way first and go from there. Who knows. My life schedule may only allow me to be totally random. I guess we will just see how it goes!  Anyway last time I mentioned talking about iifym. So now I'm gonna get into my experiences with it ! Let me just start by saying, I am in no way qualified to direct anyone in nutrition. So I'm giving my experiences through what I have learned. It has been a process and taken a long time. I am also always open to suggestions and a good dialogue. I just have a passion for food and fitness and want to talk about it! I can't help it. I'm sure you understand 😋 So let's begin! I started "eating better" when I had just graduated college. I was 21 years old. I had put on A LOT of college weight. My idea of better at the time was just things I saw promoted as healthy really. Tried to

Operation Brunch- Theme: FALL!

Good Morning! Fall is in the air, and I couldn't be more thrilled! I know that many people would agree that fall is one of the best times during the year.  The crisp air, and the changing colors just really make me happiest. This year is the first year I have a place of my own to decorate, so I am extra excited.  I had pumpkins in our house the first day it was even a little bit chilly! So since I now have a house to host things in, its becoming my favorite season, AND I've been able to decorate for fall, I felt it was appropriate to host a fall themed brunch with my 3 oldest and closest friends! With us all living in different directions and having separate lives it's been a WHILE since the four of us got together.  I'm so happy they all made it out here this weekend.  It was a lovely day of laughing, drinking mimosas and casually annoying Scott while he tried to watch football.  I'm also glad that I now have the opportunity to host casual events with my fr