Skip to main content

Date Weekend- New York City Edition

It's no secret in our household that NYC is our favorite place to be. Scott was raised there, and ever since I was young I have always loved it there.  Honestly it's where we talk about retiring to!  Strange right?

So a few Friday's ago we got to drop the little man of the house off at grandma's, and we had a night out.  He saw Disney on ice, and we had a delicious dinner in Brooklyn!



We decided to try out a restaurant called The Buttermilk Channel, and man it did NOT disappoint! Let's first start with the drink I had called the Lucha Vavoom, which was mezcal, tequila, honey, and lemon. Have you ever had an expensive drink that makes big promises and is basically a watered down alcoholic drink? Yeah... this was NOT that.  Off to a great start with that!



We started our meal with a bacon appetizer.  House cured bacon with whiskey poached figs, and black garlic to be exact! It was between this and the cornbread...but we are bacon people. 


Moving on to main course.  THANKFULLY Scott is the kind of person who will share meals.  So when we go somewhere new we each get a meal we both are interested in a split it! (This is my kind of human.)  

We were told the fried chicken and waffles is really great so Scott got that, and I got the special of the night.... honey nut squash risotto with lobster. YES.  Both dishes amazing in their own way.  


The fried chicken... literally perfect.  It was so crunch and moist.  I have never had a crunchier fried chicken.  This was served over a cheddar waffle with a side of balsamic maple syrup, and a side dish of creamy coleslaw.  If right now you are thinking this sounds perfect... well you would be correct! 



I am always a sucker for risotto.  Maybe because it's Scott's signature dish to cook for me?  (And he really does a great job getting creative with it.)  But I will always order a risotto if it is on the menu.  Top it with lobster and I don't even have to think twice! 


Now we did not get dessert here, and the reason for this was simple.  Donuts.  I had getting donuts at one of the local Brooklyn donut shops on the agenda. :D

We wound up at the Doughnut Plant on our way back to picking up little man! When we got home, I didn't waste any time trying these out!


My personal favorite was the Tres Leches right in the front there.  But the carrot cake to the right of it was a close second! We also tried the creme brulee, coconut cream (that giant one in the center there), red velvet and black and white donuts. :) 

THEN the following day we had our second day out in the city... this time Manhattan for UFC 230 at MSG! 

We started off our night with a trip to this all you can eat Korean BBQ restaurant. We hadn't realized ahead of time that you get to cook your choices, so that turned out to be a fun treat! Our favorite from the night was the pork belly.  But if you couldn't guess it before we are bacon people... 



Last stop, the fights at MSG! Scott got us great seats which is always nice.  I always leave buying tickets for sporting events up to him, and sometimes buying seats to MMA fights can be difficult.  We bought tickets once for a UFC event and thought they were great.  And they were, except that the one of the posts for the camera men was right in our direct line of view.  So when the camera guy was somewhere else they were perfect!  But unfortunately, that wasn't so often. 




Anyway!  That was our extensive NYC date weekend.  I am always willing to hang out in the city.  I just love that vibe it gives off. 

Where is your favorite restaurant in the city? Or donut shop?!



Stayed tuned for my next post about my trip to Chicago! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Condo Closet Paradise

Recently we were woken up by what seemed like life just throwing annoying house issues at us. The closet "system", which was really just a long pole stuck into the two ends of the room came crashing down one morning!  I had been saying this was going to happen for days, but it finally happened.  All of our clothes, boxes, and random junk we kept in the closet now sprawled all over the floor. WHAT A WAY TO WAKE UP...am I right?!  See, with me recently moving in with Scott (my boyfriend of 4 years 😋), came a lot more stuff that the closet wasn't equipped to handle apparently! I was "slowly" moving bags of clothes and hanging them up without Scott knowing. (I did it when he wasn't home... shhh....).  But because the closet was being used by a man who has far less clothes, and really only likes maybe 4 t-shirts it became very noticeable it was an issue. But we just continued living hoping for the best.   Now to be completely honest, this closet need

How I got where I got!

So I haven't quite come up with a blog schedule or anything yet.  I figured I would get all the introduction type things out of them way first and go from there. Who knows. My life schedule may only allow me to be totally random. I guess we will just see how it goes!  Anyway last time I mentioned talking about iifym. So now I'm gonna get into my experiences with it ! Let me just start by saying, I am in no way qualified to direct anyone in nutrition. So I'm giving my experiences through what I have learned. It has been a process and taken a long time. I am also always open to suggestions and a good dialogue. I just have a passion for food and fitness and want to talk about it! I can't help it. I'm sure you understand 😋 So let's begin! I started "eating better" when I had just graduated college. I was 21 years old. I had put on A LOT of college weight. My idea of better at the time was just things I saw promoted as healthy really. Tried to

Operation Brunch- Theme: FALL!

Good Morning! Fall is in the air, and I couldn't be more thrilled! I know that many people would agree that fall is one of the best times during the year.  The crisp air, and the changing colors just really make me happiest. This year is the first year I have a place of my own to decorate, so I am extra excited.  I had pumpkins in our house the first day it was even a little bit chilly! So since I now have a house to host things in, its becoming my favorite season, AND I've been able to decorate for fall, I felt it was appropriate to host a fall themed brunch with my 3 oldest and closest friends! With us all living in different directions and having separate lives it's been a WHILE since the four of us got together.  I'm so happy they all made it out here this weekend.  It was a lovely day of laughing, drinking mimosas and casually annoying Scott while he tried to watch football.  I'm also glad that I now have the opportunity to host casual events with my fr